deep within the bowels of the bronx
the life and times of ohiosnap




14 August 2005

PCS: pretty crappy service (i thought of that all by myself)







sprint pcs, please fuck off and go bankrupt or something. seriously. what a piece of shit phone company. for the past month or two or twelve, my phone (which is just barely over a year old) has been ignoring calls as they come in, shuffling them straight to voicemail... and then notifying me about the message (not the missed call, mind you) approximately 2-12 hours later (the longest offense actually held a message over NINE FUCKING DAYS before letting me know it was there). but not all calls. just some. just enough to make me believe that the phone really DOES work. what. a. load. of. shit.

for instance, friday night, my friend rambo came home from europe. i received calls from various friends telling me to join them, etc. i actually FOUND OUT about these calls early saturday morning. suffice it to say that whatever bars they were at friday evening, they probably weren't at by the time i received the calls.

i'd leave sprint, except i signed away my first-born child or whatever to them until may of next year. which will be right around the time i'll be moving, post-medical school. i think it will be time to switch carriers at that point.

this weekend i get to pretend that i'm moving by helping my sister move in... into my apartment complex (different building). this means that in my complex will be myself, my girlfriend, my sister, and my girlfriend's sister. if anyone else related to myself or my girlfriend is moving to madison, please contact me so we can make arrangements for you to move into my complex.

moving on (pun intended).. i got my hands on this 4 disc set called "deck safari" by those frenchies AIR. they're all long mixes which i've been told originally aired on BBC radio 1 essential mix with pete tong or something, back in 1998. whatever. they're pretty sweet. they jam the pharcyde, david bowie, the M*A*S*H theme song (i never realized how DARK that song is), serge gainsbourg (of course), even some beastie boys "car thief" action (plus the jawn they lifted for that beat). niiiiiice.

also been listening to the magic numbers album, which totally sounds like a bunch of british fat kids (ahhahhahahah). it's still good though. and is it just me or does the new/advance copy/pirated version of the new dandy warhols album sound like crap? i don't mean it like "produced badly," but more like "the songwriting blows and the singing is shit." i can't even remember if "welcome to the monkeyhouse" grew on me. i just remember being disappointed by most of it.

ended that terrifically boring hematopathology rotation on friday. i'd write more about it, but thinking about it is making me tear up.

AAAND i finished harry potter #6 (don't you hate it when people call it that) this weekend. talk about a cliffhanger! holy hell, i can hardly wait for the next book (is it the last one?). actually, my pattern has been to finish a harry potter book and then completely forget everything about it over the course of the next year or so (not on purpose!) until the next one comes out, and then i'm pretty much lost for the first 100 pages or so of the new one. then i get the urge to re-read the previous books, until something called LIFE steps in and reminds me that i have other things to do besides read and re-read the harry potter series (which actually, sounds quite entertaining).

current books competing for my time: bukowski's "ham on rye"; murakami's "dance dance dance"; lange's "clinical anesthesiology" -- guess who's gonna win this one...


this educational lesson brought to you by dr. j around 12:00 PM |

« back to the crib | nerds hate tha 446 » //-->





ham on rye is a book I never finished, and my psyche thanks me for it. I do like the look of those Bukowski re-prints tho.

That Jax/Mommiega pic is my fav pic EVeR - I'ma steal some bandwidth.

dropped by Anonymous Anonymous on 15 August, 2005 09:55 [*]  

~$$$~

!!!Harry Potter Spoiler!!!
i think that d wanted s to do what he did and that s is a good guy.

also, murakami - sputnik sweetheart isn't bad.

mike

dropped by Anonymous Anonymous on 15 August, 2005 14:50 [*]  

~$$$~

Sprint, man...oh man. My voicemail does the same think except that it's a bit quicker. It lets me know I have a voicemail about 10 min. after I actually get one which is still annoying. Brah at the tech help line said try turning your phone off sometime. Thanks dude...my phone get's turned on and off throughout the day cause I like to be undercover now n then...so that's not the problem. Ooooooo, good luck with that one.

dropped by Anonymous Anonymous on 18 August, 2005 13:06 [*]  

~$$$~

drop some science:

who dis be like
where you from   nerds: <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © the life and times of ohiosnap 2005 - chopped and screwed by the life and times of ohiosnap, stolen from these guys. powered by these guys.