deep within the bowels of the bronx
the life and times of ohiosnap




13 July 2005

all these birds and not enough stones


finally got to hear the kill the vultures album. wow. this shit sounds evil. (i guess it's to be assumed from a group with a name like that.) it's gonna take me a little while to wrap my head around this one, for sure. it's like really dark, grimey (not like uk grimey) beats paired with rapping that rides the beat like a pissed off poet. but i like the fact that it's so... challenging. and not challenging like "this sucks, but i'll keep listening until i convince myself that it doesn't", but more like "whoa, whahappened? i need to listen to that one again and try harder [pistol whip]"

when i first heard about KTV i was curious, because as far as i could tell, it was oddjobs, minus dj deetalx, and back in minnesota (say sshhh). i remember i got all excited when i heard oddjobs' album "drums", and listed them under "favorite music" on my friendster profile. then alexei/crescent moon friendstered me and told me that his band sucks. HAH! then later i met him when oddjobs opened for atmosphere at the orpheum a couple years ago on the seven's travels tour, and i introduced myself as "friendster" and he either remembered that shit, or pretended because i bet he gets it alot.

wow this post totally sounds gay.

anyway the point is: they have a blog!

p.s. here's a kill the vultures interview over at the giant peach.

What’s got you guys in the dark?

Nomi- Look at our generation. There's a war going on, the same war that started when we were kids in the 5th grade. Michael Moore movies are getting to me, we got an extra from Dukes of Hazards in the White House. I work long days making money for whitey, try to find the energy to write rhymes, tell my woman how much I love her, do push-ups and wash the dishes. Only to have a few hours of sleep before I repeat the cycle. My finances are always an issue, and if I was not afraid of jail or getting deported, I would sell something...my people back in the Philippines are dying, my sister wears blue contacts. Sorry, I'm tripping. I'll stop there.



this post brought to you by the fact that the new kanye west single blows (the video too) and i have about 38 hours left until i take the boards. details to follow (as soon as i procrastinate studying again)


this educational lesson brought to you by dr. j around 7:14 PM |

« back to the crib | ugh » //-->





drop some science:

who dis be like
where you from   nerds: <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © the life and times of ohiosnap 2005 - chopped and screwed by the life and times of ohiosnap, stolen from these guys. powered by these guys.