deep within the bowels of the bronx
the life and times of ohiosnap




05 May 2006

posted up like a blog entry

ohiosnap guest correspondent DJ STV SLV aka MAC G6 aka STV HOLT (STV HOLT!) reports:


note: STV SLV is NOT pictured above


DEVIN DAVIS: official site // myspace page

Natron and I were DJing at Club Foot last week and he asked me if I had heard the Devin Davis album yet. I hadn't, and he had already recommended it to me once, so I felt like a damn fool. He played "Iron Woman" and granted, I was drunk, but I was instantly feeling it. Nate described it as "Kleenex Girl Wonder, but better produced" (sorry, Graham) and I do see what he's saying, some of the songwriting is very similar. It's straight up pop-slash-rock, well-composed and cleverly arranged.

Devin Davis - Iron Woman

Devin Davis - Giant Spiders

Dude is from Chicago and also reminds me a bit of Chicago band Head Of Femur; interestingly enough, Nate from HOF plays bari sax on the album. Feel the sax solo that closes out "Iron Woman." THE SAX IS BACK


this educational lesson brought to you by dr. j around 4:09 PM |

« back to the crib | poor planning » //-->





drop some science:

who dis be like
where you from   nerds: <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © the life and times of ohiosnap 2005 - chopped and screwed by the life and times of ohiosnap, stolen from these guys. powered by these guys.